Fees & Policies
- Private lessons: $110 per month for four 30 minute lessons. This works out to be 48 lessons per year which provides for 4 weeks of vacation; 2 for winter, 1 for spring and 1 for summer. The fee is $110 whether there are 5 weeks or 4.
- Group lessons: $20 per lesson. These take place when people’s schedules align and are typically 45 minutes long.
- Payment is due at the first lesson of the month. There is a $10 late fee if not received by the 10th of each month.
- Your fee secures a lesson time which generally cannot be offered to another. When known in advance, it is sometimes possible to re-arrange a lesson day or time. I do make an effort to arrange make-up lessons but there is no adjustment made for cancelled lessons unless cancelled by the teacher.
- Students wishing to discontinue lessons are requested to give one month notice.
- A tardy student has only the time remaining in the lesson period.
- With a beginning student, a parent is expected to attend lessons. Plan to take notes of teaching points, practice tips and assignments to follow at home.
- Siblings are welcome. The parent does need to be responsible for quiet behavior. Children should remain inside the studio as the rest of the house needs to remain the family’s home.
- Every effort will be made to provide a setting which is free from distraction for your child’s lesson. Please ensure your child has been well-fed and rested and therefore able to give his or her full attention to the lesson.
- The teacher is allowed one sick day per child, per year.